Emergency, Safety, & Health Information
EMERGENCY, SAFETY & HEALTH INFORMATION
Link to SAFE Weber Framework: https://wsd.net/covid-19/news/safe-weber
COVID-19 School Manual: https://coronavirus-download.utah.gov/School/COVID-19_School_Manual_FINAL.pdf
Link to Utah Public Health Order for Masks on School Property (August 14, 2020): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1avCe0LRtoYoYPy1GGiP2eACjA211Maff/view
Weber School District Mask Information: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13yr7Vol7Bec3YW62fd-kQhYI1qV2RQ0N/view?usp=sharing
The staff at North Park Elementary is concerned for the safety of our students to and from school, and during the school day. We have written emergency preparedness plans for numerous possibilities that outline what will take place in the event of an emergency situation. We also have emergency kits in each of the classrooms.
Weber School District has a phone system in place to help contact parents in the case of school closure or other emergency. Please be sure to fill out and return the yellow REGISTRATION/EMERGENCY AND MEDICAL INFORMATION sheet. Also be sure to update your information as it changes.
- In the event of an emergency at school, students will remain under teacher supervision until one of the persons listed on the Emergency Information sheet are available to pick them up.
- Any Emergency on a county-wide basis will be announced over radio stations KLO (1430 AM) and KSL (1160 AM). These stations will also announce school closures.
- Our school does not qualify as a civil defense shelter, nor is there a qualified shelter in the immediate area large enough to accommodate all of our students.
- If evacuation from the building is necessary, a command center will be setup at the LDS Church located across the street to the West of the school.
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during school meetings should notify Linda Smith, Principal of North Park Elementary, at least three working days prior to the meeting at 452-4344.
From the Nurses Desk
During the school year, we do vision screening on all children K-6, and scoliosis screening on 5th-6th grade. If you do not want you child screened for vision or scoliosis, please send a written notice to the school.
Students with asthma are now able to carry an asthma inhaler with them if the proper paperwork is filled out by the parents and Physician. Forms are available in the office.
Medication ~ Remember that children are still not allowed to bring or take any medication, prescription or over-the-counter, without proper paperwork on file. Authorization forms are available in the office. If you have any questions, please contact the school nurse, Claudia Streuper.
If a child is injured or becomes ill at school, that parents or guardian will be notified as soon as possible. If we cannot reach you, we will use the emergency contact information you have provided. Please remember, we cannot keep seriously ill children at school. If you child has a contagious disease, please keep them at home until they are not longer contagious.
State Law requires that all children must have up-to-date immunizations. If your child’s immunizations are not current, they will not be allowed to attend school. The school nurse will contact you if there are any questions or problems concerning your child’s immunizations.