Student clothing, and personal hygiene is an important part of a positive learning environment. In an effort to maximize a positive learning environment at North Park Elementary, the following dress code will apply. This dress code will be enforced while students are at school and at all school activities.
Unacceptable items or clothing include, but are not limited to:
• Clothing not ordinarily worn in the workplace (i.e. robes, pajamas, house slippers, mutilated clothing, etc.)
• Clothing that does not cover underwear or underwear areas (large armholes or sheer, fishnet, skin tight clothing, or inappropriate openings.) Underwear worn on top of outer clothing or where it is exposed.
• Length of shorts or skirts shorter than mid-thigh.
• Tops that are low cut, show midriff, or spaghetti straps. This includes: halter, tube, and tank tops and straps less than 3” across the shoulder.
• Clothing or other items advertising or displaying: controlled and/or illegal substance, inappropriate or suggestive language, or gang related. (Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, gang badges, gang signs or symbols, spiked jewelry, chains, etc.)
• Hats, head gear and sunglasses may not be worn in the building
• Hair color, hair style, or make-up that is conspicuous, extreme, or odd in color or appearance such that it draws undue attention or tends to disrupt or interfere with the learning atmosphere at school.
• No Shoes. (Shoes, sandals, or flips must be worn at all times. More restrictive shoes may be required for safety reasons in some areas.)
• Any exceptions to the above procedures must be approved by the principal.
Infractions of this policy will result in the following consequences:
• 1st offense – Student will be reminded of school policy and instructed to comply.
• 2nd offense – Student will be reminded of school policy and instructed to comply. Parent will be notified.
• 3rd offense – Suspension will result.