North Park's Run-a-Thon
- October 3rd, 2017
- 8:45 AM till 3:15 PM
- North Park Elementary
What is it:
- The Run-a-thon is a PTA sponsored educational program & fundraiser.
How it works:
- The week before the Run-a-thon students are encouraged to help raise funds for our school by gathering donations or pledges from sponsors for the school’s Run-a-thon. Students will ask for a flat donation or a pledge. A pledge consists of a dollar amount they are willing to pay for how many laps that particular student runs. On October 3rd, students will run (or walk) for about 30 minutes on a mini track where each lap is 1/16th of a mile long.
Where does the Money Go:
- The Money that the students earn goes to field trips, class parties, class magazines or educational activities, some assemblies, Reflections, field day, Dr. Suess week, and other things that support the students education at North Park Elementary.
- Emoji Key Chain (First one at $5 donation, and earns another at every additional $15 donation or $1 pledge per lap)
- Razor Scooter per grade for the student with the most pledges
- Kindle Fire Drawing for those who earned pledges that are over $100.
Watch this Video for More Information:
Picnic in the Park!
Crosswalk Temporarily Moved
Roy City is reconstructing several streets near North Park Elementary School. Construction is taking place on 3950 South Street, 2225 West Street, and 2075 West Street. The ongoing work will replace the curb & gutters, add sidewalk, and replace asphalt pavement. For safety concerns, due to large trucks and other construction equipment in those areas the crosswalk has moved temporarily.
Students walking to school and parents bringing their children to school should detour around these areas. The school crossing at 2075 West 4000 South has been temporarily relocated one-half block to the east at 2025 West 4000 South. Please help direct your students to the temporary school crossing location.
The construction work is expected to be completed by early October. The crosswalk will go back to orginal location once construction is completed.